Saturday, May 7, 2011

Surgery Day


On Thursday Ainsley had outpatient surgery on her left eye to insert a stint in her tear duct so that her tears would drain properly into her nasal canal (before her left eye was always weepy). It was a quick, fairly routine procedure but she had to have anesthesia and be checked into the surgical center for the day so George and I were pretty nervous about it. But thankfully as far as the doctors can tell the procedure was successful. On Thursday Ainsley was disoriented and uncomfortable from the anesthesia but yesterday was for the most part back to her old self. The stint will stay in her tear duct for 8 weeks to allow her body to adjust before being removed during an office visit. Here is our sweet girl looking so cute in her hospital gown. She was such a trooper and so was Bailey.


Below is George attempting to keep Ainsley entertained before her surgery. She couldn't eat or drink anything all morning and the surgery didn't start until 11am so she was pretty grumpy and hungry towards the end.


As I mentioned before, George and I have been anxious about this day for months so I am so happy that it is over and that everything appeared to go smoothly. Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad that it's over and that it went well!