Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Grandma Time


I naively thought that I would have Bailey closer to his actual due date and so my mom graciously flew down the first week of April and stayed with us until this past Saturday. I cannot even begin to explain how much her visit and help meant to us since that last week of pregnancy left me much too tired, grumpy, and uncomfortable to take care of my family and then once Bailey arrived, my hands were full with recovery, getting to know this lil guy, and getting used to a family of four. Her help and support was immensely appreciated and it makes me tear up just thinking about all she did for us. I even asked Dad if we could keep her... but he said not a chance!

George and I weren't the only ones who benefited from her visit. Ainsley quickly became her lil buddy and helper. Every morning they made banana soy smoothies together while the rest of us slept, and every afternoon they played with puppets, read special stories, and had tea parties. It makes me so happy to see them share these special moments and create these memories. Here they are making pizzas for dinner. Ainsley loved slapping the dough.



And here's Grandma with the lil Mr., who is an equally adoring fan!


We love you Mom/Grandma! Come back soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Grandma Graue and Bailey. Also, seeing Ainsley helping in the kitchen brought back memories of me helping Mom - I still remember Mom talking about a neighbor stopping by and commenting on how nice it was to see Mom letting me do that - I’m guessing the kitchen was probably a mess with my help.
Love you so much and can't wait to see all of you and meeting Bailey!

Alice