Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth!!


I can't believe that last year today was Ainsley's due date - I was huge, we were living in CA, George had just graduated, I hadn't started school yet... but most of all, I can't believe that a year ago today we hadn't met Ainsley yet. It just feels like we have always known her and that she has always been a part of our life and so it just blows my mind that she hasn't even been with us for a full year yet. Parenthood does such a crazy thing to your sense of time... ohhh, how we love that little girl! Ok, I'll save the rest of my mushy reminiscing till her birthday! :) But just one flashback pic - below is George, Ainsley and I a year ago exactly doing one of my all-time favorite hikes. And above is us celebrating the fourth today in our backyard.


Back to the present... we spent the day eating bbq and playing with George's brother Ray and his wife Fema. Ainsley had her first taste of hotdog - and naturally loved it - and decided that hanging out with her aunt and uncle was much more fun than taking a nap (ugh). Here she is playing "I'm-gonna-get-ya" with George and Ray. Obviously fun for all. :)




Ainsley also spontaneously started clapping while eating some yogurt. I have been trying to teach her to clap for months so it was such a shocker to see her doing it randomly by herself completely unprovoked. She was so proud and I admit, I was too.




Just a cute pic of her showing off her belly...


...and a sweet one of her off reading by herself...


... and then the lovely Ray and Fema.


Then Ray was nice enough to snap a few pics of Ainsley and I since I realized earlier this week that I only have a handful of us together from the past few months. So here are a few for the scrapbook. Gosh, I love that baby!!


Happy Fourth of July!!!

1 comment:

angie said...

So cute!! love the pics of her clapping. now she's going to do it non-stop!