Sunday, June 27, 2010

Eleven Month Snapshot


I know this post is so belated... partly because I've been spending my free time planning her 1st birthday party (!!!)... but partly because I've had to wait until George was available to help me hold her down to take her 11 month picture. She is so quick to roll off the blanket and move on to better things! These were the best results this month...


It feels like Ainsley is becoming more and more fun and interactive all the time. It never ceases to amaze me how inspiring it is to watch her grow and become this sweet (most of the time) little girl. I've already posted the proof that she is now upright and mobile but she has also become so chatty. We haven't recognized any words yet, real or made-up, but she babbles and rants like a champ... we are just clueless as to what she is trying to tell us. She still only has the two center teeth on the bottom but she is getting 3 of her 4 middle teeth in on top.

At 11 months, Ainsley energetically spins on her bottom in circles when she's really happy or really upset, eagerly reaches out to pick and squeeze other people's noises, proudly places smaller objects in containers, pathetically begs at our feet for food whenever we're getting meals ready in the kitchen, covetously clutches extra special toys hiding them under her chin, generously offers us pieces of food from out of her mouth, and will tirelessly follow a rolling ball into every room of our house only to pick it up and roll/follow it some more.


Loves: I'm pretty sure that Ainsley's two happiest times of the day are 1) when she is outside, and 2) right before bath time when George gets home from work. First, she loves to be outside and will full-body reach for the door/window anytime we walk by with her in tow. Several times a day she crawls over to the door and bangs on the window, babbling and looking up at me. It's cute now... but with 100 degree days just around the corner I'm not sure if it's going to be cute for that much longer. Second, Ainsley hands-down laughs the hardest when her and George are playing "I'm-gonna-get-ya." This takes place either on our bed, where she throws herself into the pillows and comforter with reckless abandonment, giggling the whole time, or in her room and down the hallway where she trys to scurry away until she can no longer contain her excitement and just sits in one spot, spinning and squealing. All of this in a futile effort to stay away from daddy's tickles and hugs. It is hilarous to see how worked up she gets during this game each night. Below is George having a more mellow morning with Ainsley.


Dislikes: Although she's gone back and forth along the spectrum of extremely hating to mildly disliking her car seat over this past year... she is back to hating it lately. Part of this could be the result of her getting close to outgrowing it... part of it might be the heat... but until she grows a few more inches and it's November, her music class cd is our lifesaver. So if every time you see me I'm humming "hello to Ainsley, so glad to see you..." you now know why. :)

(Below is Ainsley wearing a tiara of mine from college that I found when we were unpacking. I thought it would make a cute one-time photo-opp but she insisted on wearing it much longer than I intended. After ~45 min. she forgot about it and I was finally able to distract her enough to hide it away... not quite a baby-friendly toy!)


Ainsley's sweetest new things this month are her snuggles. Before naps/bed, after naps, and when we're lucky, just randomly throughout the day, Ainsley will rest her little head on our shoulder and curl her arms around our neck. And then she just stays there. So peaceful and calm, sometimes "singing". These are the best "I love you" moments that we could ever wish for.

No comments: