Saturday, July 24, 2010

Party! Party!


The Saturday after Ainsley's birthday we had a little party to celebrate her new oneness. We were blessed with the company of her sweet friends from play group, a few of our good friends from college and their kiddos, and some new friends we've met while being here. I haven't planned a party since leaving CA, where there were lots of engagement, graduation, and baby showers to plan... so I had fun. Here's the scene... pennants, balloons, lots of fresh flowers and yummy food.


Here's the spread, all placed on a special embroidered table cloth my grandmother gave George and I for our wedding. I was so excited to finally get to use it!


And the special birthday girl chair...


Ainsley waiting for her guests to come...


And the cake... homemade carrot cake with cream cheese icing on her Happy Birthday plate that we'll use every year.


Pretty picture perfect, right!? Well, just watch this scene unfold...




Ugh! Bad momma moment #560! Naturally she is going to reach out and touch the glowing thing we place in front of her. Oh, we felt awful! But thankfully, she recovered quickly once she had a taste of icing.


And boy did she enjoy the icing! I'm sure she had bits of cake in there too.


Here's a family shot that we got before the cake/icing eating got too out of hand. :)



Got to love the huge chunks of cake and icing in her hair! That's my girl - you can't fault her for not holding back when it comes to cake!


Naturally the balloons were a big hit! Here's Finley, the Balloon King, Ainsley playing "I'm-gonna-get-cha" with the balloons, and Miss Claire, adorable as ever. There were lots of pink balloons too... not sure where those were for these pics.




Getting/giving rides in the Radio Flyer wagon never gets old! Here is Ainsley giving Cannon a ride. And you've got to love Ainsley's post-cake/icing hair grease even after I washed it all out! But what can you do... it's her special day. If she wants to have greasy hair, so be it. :)


Here's Ainsley loving to bounce on one of her new toys! This thing is hilarious and amazing! Thanks lil Jack!!



The whole day was just wonderful! It was so much fun to have everyone gathered to celebrate our little girl! Thank you all - your presence made things that much more special!!! We love you all!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Johanna,

Is your friend Rachel & J's last name Kuper? I grew up next door to J's dad in San Antonio! Wild!

And also my good friend Catherine has a photography buisness in Austin. She is awesome, and has done many pics of Annabelle including her birth annoucnements and our Xmas card for the past year. Here is her blog, and her contact info is on there if you're interested. http://www.peacock-photography.com/
miss you guys!
xoxo
sarah halbach