
Hi friends - sorry for the silence lately. We've had our plates full with lots of packing/unpacking/furnishing fun but here is the much belated post about the GSB reunion a few weeks ago... Literally almost as soon as I finished my finals for the semester we headed to our former home in California for George's 1 year business school reunion. Kind of different (but brilliant!!) to get everyone together after only a year and it was such a blast getting to reconnect with everyone again. And I'll take any excuse to be back out in California, even if it is only for a visit!! :)
Part of the reunion was the most amazing, over-the-top carnival I have ever seen and it was all free (or truthfully paid for in advance, so it felt free). The below family picture is us in front of the event which made me wish I was little again or that Ainsley was a few years older so she could appreciate all that was going on.
Something that did catch her eye (and ok, mine too!) was this awesome bubble man who was making giant bubbles! The poor guy was getting malled by kids for hours... so Ainsley and I just watched.
Here's a group of some of the girls - so great to see everyone!
Here is Ainsley and I at the park that was near our former apartment. I used to walk here everyday when I was pregnant - multiple times a day towards the end - and see the kiddos playing and wonder what our little one would be like. And now here she is, all sweet smiles and slobbery kisses. Brought back a lot of mushy, gushy nostalgia being back here.

One afternoon we meet some of her little friends there for a playdate... Most of us were preggers at some point over the past 2 years so it was fun to have all of our kiddos reconnect/meet.

Another perk of our CA trip was that my Mom was kind enough to tag along and help us with Ainsley so that George and I were able to go out at night. Because although Ainsley was a great little traveler she never really adjusted to the time change and was going to bed at 4ish in the afternoon each day. Having Mom around was wonderful and to make things even better, we got to spend lots of time with my brother James who moved out there earlier this year. Here's a pic of Mom and Lou...
James was great enough to stay in the hotel a few nights to keep Mom company after Ainsley went to bed and while George and I were out livin' it up. And sweet Ainsley was kind enough to wake him up in the morning... good morning James! :)
Here are a few pics of us at the park again... had to keep the tradition alive and go several times while we were there. In the first one we're laughing at James being goofy to get Ainsley's attention.

The weekend also included lots of lunches, dinners, coffee, walks, and golf with friends - none of which made it on a camera - but that was sweet, special time none the less. I will always have such a special place in my heart for our time in Cali.
No comments:
Post a Comment