Everyday at Saint Mark's square we watched tourists buy bird food and then get lost in a swarm of pigeons...and everyday we made fun of them because of how gross and dirty birds are. But then on our last day, we caved in and joined the madness.
Still, I have to admit it was a little overwhelming for me and we immediately went back to the hotel room and showered. Also, behind me you can see Saint Mark's Basilica, which we toured in all its majesty the day before.
Below is how George spent most of the time in Venice - buried in a map. There are so many twisty, turny streets in Venice that it is easy to get lost. I was lucky to have such a good navigator!
Although temped, at 82 Euros (approximately $115) we opted not to take a gondola ride. Still they were nice to watch.
Here I am looking out the window of our hotel which was a cute little place in the heart of Venice. My favorite thing was being able to open the window at night and hear people walking and chattering in every type of language below. Without cars it was so peaceful.
Here are a few more pictures of Venice's character and charm.
4 comments:
Wow! It looks amazing. I'm so glad you guys are having such a great time. Let us know when you can where you're at and when you'll be returning to the States (I wasn't sure if your schedule was still set.) Can't wait to see you on the Fourth. Oh, and George, don't forget my keychain! :)
Love, Les
Ohhhh!Thank you for the pictures! It's so amazing to see you two in places that I've only imagined or seen on TV. It's so exciting to hear from you, and you both look darling. Again, I'm enjoying the pictures so much. The buildings are wonderful, and I have to say that "y'all look mighty fine winning over those birds like that!"
Love you!
Hey George and Johanna....thanks for sharing these terrific photos!! Venice looks good on you. Take good care. Love, Mom
I bet you guys had so much fun! The pictures are amazing! Glad you guys are back in the ole USA...we will see you soon....Love, Emmers
Post a Comment