Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Kelli California

As many of you know, my dear friend and college roommate, Kelli McDaniel is getting married to the man of her dreams in the fall. This past weekend a few of the other bridesmaids and I threw her a bridal shower/bachelorette party in Dallas. The picture above shows the shower hostesses with the Kelli. From left to right, Mackenzie, Amanda, Kelli, me, Rachael. (By the way, it was a black and white shower, which explains why none of use were wearing colors on a pretty spring Saturday.)

And below, we are at dinner that night wearing matching shirts that Amanda made us which said "Bride" "Maid/Matron of Honor" and "Bridesmaid" written on them respectively.


Oh, it was such a treat to have my best girl friends around, even if it was only for a weekend! Mackenzie, Kelli, Rachael, and I were roommates practically all of college and I love them and miss them all so much. Don't get me wrong, George is a great roommate too, but something has to be said for the benefit of four closets opposed to just one, ever present fashion tips, and a genuine understanding of pms and need to cry at commercials. Our University house had it all, and for the most part, I didn't realize what we all had. Or how much I was going to miss it. It just isn't everyday that you meet people who will love you even when you suck...but these girls have and do and I don't thank God enough for that.

Love, Johanna

No comments: