Friday, April 27, 2007

Wicked

This past Wednesday, George and I went to see the musical Wicked at the Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas. And, it was amazing! The tickets were my Valentine's day present to George, who was enjoing the book at the time. Yet, they turned out just as much a present to me as it was one of the best musicals I've seen in a long time! Here's George and I as we were leaving our house.


For those of you who aren't familiar with the plot line, the musical is a spin-off of the classic fairy tale The Wizard of Oz. It is the untold story of the Wicked Witch of the West, beginning with her school-girl relationship with Glinda the Good Witch. As the story unfolds it questions whether good is really good and whether evil is really evil. The show was full of great humor and wit, compelling music, mesmorziging lighting effects, and overall had a lot of really fun twists. However, I will warn you that it makes you want to go back and watch The Wizard of Oz again!
-Johanna

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
We're enjoying the blog -- we love being able to check up on you every once in a while. I'm glad you're going out and having fun while you're newly married and kidless -- not that you don't have fun after kids, it's just a whole different kind of fun!
Hope you're doing great -- your nephews (and their parents) miss you.
Have a great weekend!
Love, Les

Anonymous said...

hello johanna and george....love Brian

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! I really enjoyed the book and have been wanting to see the play. It's in Boston all the time, so I'm sure we'll get around to it. George, if you haven't read his other books you should. They're not as good, but Lost and Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister are still worth the read.

Anonymous said...

Hey you two cuties - I envy you your attendance at "Wicked"! Leslie gave the book to me, and I bet the musical was fantastic.
I'm excited to hear you're coming for Rob's and Ethan's birthdays. Love you and see you soon!
Mom

Anonymous said...

P.S. What about the "flying monkeys"? Did they have the flying monkeys in the musical??

Anonymous said...

Meaghan, the play was great and it's very different from the book. I've been thinking of look at the Confessions book, so maybe I'll pick it up!
Mom, there were definitely flying monkeys. They were awesome. I had a dream about them after we saw the play. Yep, I dream about flying monkeys.

Anonymous said...

Man, EVERYONE dreams of flying monkeys. Anyone who says they don't is lying.