We decided to try the whole "For Sale By Owner" route and try to bypass the 3% we would have to pay a listing agent. So we'll probably wait for a month or so and see if we get any interest. If not we'll probably list it with an agent. So far (it's only been a little over a week) we haven't had any calls. BUT, we have run out of fliers in our little info-tube several times.
Also, two of our neighbors just put their houses up for sale, which, at first, I thought really sucked. But after thinking about it, it's probably not a bad thing. Here's why: First, both our neighbors have much larger and nicer houses than us so their houses probably won't compete for the same buyer as ours. Second, they both listed their houses with realtors so, with any luck, buyers that come to see their houses will also see ours and think, "Hey, there's a nice house that's not nearly as expensive. Let's buy it."
So now we just wait to hear. We'll keep updates on here, I'm sure.
-George
4 comments:
What a great picture of your pretty home! Do you plan to travel "loaded" or "light" to California? Congratulations, again! Love to you both-
Mom
Johanna, I missed your last day so I wanted to say "bye". We will really miss you. Wanda
I love that Mom asked you if you were traveling "loaded" or "light." On Ray's website that would have a completely different (and more illegal) connotation!
We miss you -- come see us!
Love you blobspot. Please keep it up and running.
Enjoyed the family (well most of the family) here
yesterday. Johanna, Paul, Linda, Brian, Mark David,
Keith, Laura, Christopher and us (Norma and Lee).
Wish you could have been here too. Our best for
the next couple of years. Sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment