Sunday, May 17, 2015

Ssssnake Party


For Bailey's birthday party this year, he asked for a snake party.  At the time, I remember thinking that it was kind of an odd theme, but when I asked him about it a week later, he remained consistent, so I got to planning one.  And as it turned out, it was a great party theme and most importantly, he loved every second of it!

Originally I had planned for the party to be outside in the front yard and even went to all the effort of insuring that the yard and landscaping was in tip-top shape.  But then it rained almost everyday the week leading up to the party, so I began to make plan B arrangements to move everything inside.  It was a little tight at times with all the kids and parents inside but all in all it ended up working out well.  Here are some of the party decorations...





And the yummies... all along the snake theme.  There were also kolaches which were still warming in the kitchen when I took this picture.





And the cake - which took 3 batches of cake - truly a fun labor of love!


But the highlight of the party was clearly the Snakeman that came and showed off several unique reptiles and of course lots of snakes.  Bailey got to be the Snakeman's helper and stand in front of the group for the entire show.  He got to hold so many snakes and was in absolute heaven!  The Snakeman was so good with all of the kids and animals and did a great job in making it a fun event for everyone.  I failed to get a good picture of it but all the kids were clustered around on the ground in front of the Snakeman and Bailey watching the show.  After Bailey got to hold each reptile, then the Snakeman would bring them around to the other kids for them to touch.


First came a giant tortoise. 



Next came two skinks... one for your hands and one for your head, of course.



And then an iquana.  As the Snakeman's helper, Bailey got to hold all of the animals first which made him feel so special and proud.  It warmed my heart so much watching him up there feeling so proud and like such a big boy.



Then came the snakes.  There were so many of them and Bailey got to hold them all.




At one point the Snakeman even piled three snakes on Bailey at one time!  He was so delighted!






Then there was the big anaconda!  You can tell by how Bailey is standing and his expression that this was a big heavy snake!  He loved every moment of it!





After the Snakeman introduced all the snakes and after Bailey held each one, then he gave all the other kids the opportunity to hold them.  There was too much going on to get pictures of all the kids but here is Ainsley holding all the animals.





Honestly, as excited as Bailey was about the snakes and it being his birthday party, he was equally excited about all of his friends getting to come over to our house.  He has such a big open heart and wears all his emotions on his sleeves and so having all his friends over made him so happy.  He doesn't have as many playdates as Ainsley had when she was younger, so it really feels like a special treat to see his buddies outside of school.  Here is most of the kids... and if you look closely, a few snakes.


Family picture... we love you Bailey!



Then here we are all huddled around the table in the dining room singing Happy Birthday to our sweet 4 year old!  Then we all got to enjoy that giant snake cake!





Somehow I missed the opportunity to take a picture of all the favor bags lined up on a table by the door but here is what the favor was.... a little stuffed snake in a "Live Animal" bag.  They ended up pretty cute.


So it all ended up being such a fun party morning and such a fun way to celebrate our big boy!  Of course, now he is begging for a snake for "real life"... but I've pushed him off until we get to the new house at least.  ;)  Happy birthday Bailey!  We love you!!



1 comment:

Michelle said...

We miss you guys, but I can't say I'm sorry I missed that party! Yikes! :)