Let's get Arty for Ainsley's 5th Birthday Party!
This year for Ainsley's 5th birthday we had a fun rainbow art party at a ceramics painting studio. She really wanted to have a Frozen birthday party but we have been to SO many of those this spring that I was concerned that she might not feel like it was special if it was the exact same party that all her friends had... so I convinced her to have a Frozen themed party with just our family and then for her big party with her friends do an art party. She spends SO much time doing art and crafts and loves everything rainbows, so I knew that she would have a blast. And she did!
Here's the scene below...
Rainbow fruit plate, rainbow goldfish, and pizza for dinner...
Rainbow cupcake cake...
Coloring sheets for the kids to color as they arrived with fun rainbow crayons...
All the ceramic critters that the kids could choose from to paint. Not surprisingly, the most popular was the princess.
Party favors were watercolor paint sets and lollipops...
Ainsley in her rainbow dress in the party room waiting for her party to begin! She was so excited!
Then her buddies arrived and we all got down to business! While of course Ainsley had a good time, she was a little bummed that a few of her best little friends couldn't come. It is hard having a summer birthday because so many people are out of town. Ainsley kept asking me why this or that person couldn't come and I had to do a little damage control so that she didn't have her feelings hurt. It is a lot for her to understand and I had to keep telling her that it wasn't because her friends didn't want to come but because her friend's families were out of town. Still, I was reminded that she is getting bigger and I think she has reached the age where it is more important for her to have a small party with her favorite friends than a big gang of people. I'll definitely remember for next year and might even schedule her party way in advance or wait until after school starts to make sure people can come. All that said, it just made Ainsley and I that much more appreciative of those who could come!
Below are Ainsley and her sweet school buddy Sophia working together. There were in the 3s and 4s classes together and I'm sad that she is going to another school for kindergarten this year.
Bailey chose to paint a crab and as you can see, he worked really hard on it. I think he felt like a big boy being included in the party.
Everyone's finished masterpieces... they all turned out pretty cute and the kids were so proud of them!
After everyone finished painting it was time to sing Happy Birthday to Ainsley. I still can't believe that she is FIVE!!
Here's a family shot from after the party (Caroline was at home with the sitter because the party fell partially during her naptime). Such a fun afternoon!
We love you birthday girl!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment