We had our family Easter egg hunt on Good Friday because the forecast showed rain all day Sunday (which of course didn't actually happen). Above are the kids looking out the front door at all the hidden colored eggs. Thanks Easter Bunny George!
We divided the yard in half by the walkway and but all Ainsley's eggs on one side and Bailey's on the other. Just like before, Ainsley was slow and thoughtful about the process and Bailey was fast and spunky!
We brought their goodies inside to open them all. Ainsley loved her little doll dressed as a bunny and her lip gloss. She kept saying over and over, "this is the best Easter ever!!".
Bailey was pretty excited about his spider man, his watch, and all his candy. Every time I looked over at George and him, they were eating something new!
I maybe went a bit overboard on the treats and goodies this year and have promised to scale it back next year. When I was getting things ready, I didn't think about how the kids would be having egg hunts other places and that they would be getting treats from others too. So sadly, for our kids, the true meaning of Easter got lost in the secular traditions this year. Everyday on the way to and from school Easter week Ainsley and I talked about how Easter was when Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that we can be seen as good in God's eyes. And that on Easter Jesus became alive again and that when we die we get to become alive again and live in Heaven with God. I think she really got it. But then after all the bunnies and egg hunts when I asked her what we celebrate on Easter she said "Chocolate!" Sigh. I guess it is a big concept and she is only 3. Still, it is hard to find a balance.
For actual Easter, we all went to church and then just had a lazy afternoon as a family. It was sweet just to have some downtime as the four of us after such a busy week!


















No comments:
Post a Comment