Preparing for Christmas morning this year was so fun!! This was the first year that Ainsley was able to anticipate Christmas and so that made the excitement in the morning all that much more fun! Both of them were just so excited that it made me feel like a kid again. We stayed at our house, which also made things more relaxing. I loved getting to play Santa on Christmas Eve and set everything up. George might say that I got a little snippy at times trying to get everything 'just right'... so note to self, next year I need to enjoy a glass of wine. :)
Our stockings hung on the bookcase in the playroom with care.... We had to move everything out of the living room because our floor flooded, but more on that in another post. Ainsley has a groovy girl peeking out of her stocking - which is what she asked for from santa - and Bailey has a toy plane.
We opened stockings first and again, I was impressed at how much Bailey enjoyed actually opening the presents. I was also impressed at how fast he was able to open each one.
Sweet Ainsley was so excited to get this ballerina necklace in her stocking but I don't think it even lasted a week. The stretchy ones don't seem to last long in our house. Still, her excited face is priceless.
Bailey's favorite present was by far this toy shopping cart. We didn't wrap it but just put it beside the tree with a bow on the handle and presents in the cart. Every time he opened something new he would put it in the cart and then wave good-bye to us and wheel the cart out of the room! Over and over and over again. It was so funny!
Ainsley favorite present were these little princess dolls that come with clothes and accessories. She has collected several of these but for Christmas she got Belle and Ariel. It is amazing to me how much time she plays with these little dolls.
Ainsley was especially appreciative of all of her gifts this year, giving
big bear hugs and saying things like "thank you! thank you! I never
knew I was going to get this before! I love it!!" And Bailey would stand up and clap and squeal saying "Yay!! Yay!!" He gave the best smiles but of course was too fast for me to catch. Still it warmed my heart to hear and see them so excited about their gifts.
Christmas morning snuggles!!! We love you kids!









No comments:
Post a Comment