Tuesday mornings, Bailey is in school and Ainsley and I get sweet one-on-one time. Of course some weeks, these mornings get filled up with mommy errands or jobs around the house, but this week was Ainsley's special date day. We started off the day with donuts at Starbucks. Happy little one! I love that scrunchy face smile below!
Then off to a much needed haircut. The last time I took Bailey to get his haircut, it dawned on me that Ainsley always tags along to his appointments but never actually gets her hair cut. So it was probably way overdue! Oops. Anyway, her request was to keep it long like Rapunzel's, so we only chopped off 2 inches to even it out and keep it healthy.
Then I took her to get her first ever professional manicure/pedicure! A treat for both of us! :) She was so precious and inquisitive about the whole process and chatted with the lady doing her nails the whole time! She chose aqua sparkles for her fingers and bright orange for her toes!
I cherish days like this where I just get to slow things down and enjoy the little person that Ainsley is. Days like this make me vow to be more patient and kind all the time. And they make me feel so, so blessed to have a daughter!! Bailey and I will have fun date days too, but I doubt they will include getting our nails done! :)
After nails, we grabbed lunch and went to pick up Bailey from school. But the fun wasn't over because instead of having quiet room time while Bailey was napping, Ainsley and I snuggled up on the couch and watched a movie and ate apple and orange slices. Awww! Such a fun day!!







2 comments:
so fun!! so glad you made a point to have this special day together! love you and your sweet girl!
She looks sooooo grown up in the pedicure pictures. Tell her to stop :)
Post a Comment