Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Coldplay!!



Coldplay has been George's and my all-time favorite band since we met in college 10ish years ago (!!) and in January, my rockstar husband scored amazing tickets to their June concert in Houston.  This was the third time we have seen them in concert (does that make us groupies?) and George spoiled us big time with tickets that were the fourth row on the floor!!  But even more amazing, when we got to our seats, they just happened to be the ones directly beside the stage!!!  It was unbelievably incredible to be so close.  Literally it was us, a small gate, a security guard, and then Chris Martin, the lead singer in the band!!  HEAVEN!!  We knew we had great seats but they ended up being even better than we could have imagined.  Above is the best pic to show you how amazing our seats were.  We were right there and you can see Chris Martin on his guitar in the background!

Looking down on the stage from the back.
Backstage at the pre-party


The last Coldplay concert we were at was in California on Monday, July13, 2009... two days before Ainsley was born.  I was the hugely pregnant girl that got lots of random looks and my water ended up breaking half way through the show.  I anticipated being kind of emotional during this show, 3 years, 2 kids, and what feels like a lifetime later but I wasn't really.  I was just completely caught up in one amazingly fun moment after another.  They put on such an awesome show!

Chris Martin running through the confetti

Bell song


Look at these pics of Chris Martin!  I mean, look how close we are!  Not going to lie, my heart melted a little bit!  Thankfully George wasn't jealous because his did too!  :)





Another neat aspect of the show was that everyone was given wristbands that light up different colors to emphasize select parts of certain songs.  It was so fun to look around the auditorium and see hundreds of lights twinkling.  I guess these wristbands were the modern day lighters.



It was simply an amazing, unbelievable night for so many reasons.  Of course, the concert and band were phenomenal but more than that it felt so good to be out with my husband doing something we both love together.  Seems simple but with our kids being at such a demanding age and all the recent struggles with my back, it feels like the few quiet moments at the end of the day are spend catching up on logistics or status reports or zoning out and relaxing in front of our computers or TV.  It was just so nice to have so much fun together.  And, I had a few vodka cranberries which kept my back feeling ok despite the fact that I had been standing much more than I should, which I ended up paying for the next week.  But so worth it!  Ahhhh.... just an unbelievable night!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is such fun!!