Thursday, May 17, 2012
Bailey's Twelveth Month
Awww... where to start. Bailey at a year old is as wild and sweet as can be. He runs through life almost entirely nonstop unless there is a book lying on the floor that needs reading, a baby doll that needs hugging or a mommy/daddy/Lucy/Ainsley that needs snuggling. Then he will stop - for a second - and flip through pages or give the sweetest hugs and loves you could ever imagine. I love these moments. But then he's off again, running at full tilt.
Bailey at a year constantly amazes us with how advanced both his fine and gross motor skills are and how quickly he picks up new things. He can kick and follow a ball like soccer dribbling, he can hold a toy golf club (although not correctly) and actually hit a toy golf ball which isn't much larger than a regular golf ball, he can scoot himself along on a bike (something Ainsley couldn't go until ~18 months I think) and he can almost hold a paint brush correctly like a pencil even without our direction. Admittedly I am not the most coordinated of the bunch so he must get all these skills from his daddy! Still, everyday it blows me away.
He also amazes us with all the connections he is making - taking the car keys to the door, holding a phone to his ear, patting a baby doll on its back, going to his high chair when I say its time to eat, and on and on. When he plays he adds sound effects to several of his toys/games. He makes flying/driving noises for his planes and cars, crawls around like a lion/tiger making "grrrr" noises, and when he sees a toy snake or puppy he runs to grab it and make a "hiss" or "ruff". It is just so adorable to watch him grow and learn. We are loving to see how his personality comes out more each day. Like Ainsley, he can be timid at first but warms up easily and he gets super serious when he's studying something new. But unlike Ainsley, he is fearless, more laid back and flexible, and more persistent in actions especially when testing our authority (already - ugh!).
Some of his current LOVES are: dancing (bending/bopping his knees and flapping his arms) to music and making music/noise of his own, laughing whenever Ainsley or George or I is laughing, barking like a puppy, standing on the couch in the playroom and watching the world outside through the window, his pacis with lil animals attached, eating meat and cheese, being outside, and running!!
A few things he DISLIKES are: changing clothes/diapers (although he has gotten a lil better), eating vegetables, drinking out of a sippy cup unless it is Ainsley's - of course, being still, and sleeping though the night - still a constant battle.
I went through his closet this month and packed up/gave away his baby clothes and just bawled. Granted, it was bad timing on my part because it was my special time of the month, but still it just hit me that we really don't have a baby anymore. When I packed up all Ainsley's baby clothes, I was pregnant with Bailey and so even though I was sad about her growing up, I also had another wee one to look forward to. But this time, I couldn't help thinking that we may never have another baby this small again. :( Only the Lord knows the plans for our life but with my back pain/injury continuing to dominate our world, it is hard to imagine another baby. And that makes me so much more sad/sentimental/nostalgic for Bailey as he grows. That said, my back pain also forces me to take life at a slower pace which on the flip side gives me more still moments to enjoy this lil monkey. It goes without saying that he has been the most incredible blessing and cherish him more than I could ever express.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment