Whenever I stop to think about it, I am completely amazed that George and I are actually parents. And surviving. And it is moments like these that I can't help but laugh a little at what our life has become. Here are some examples....
This Saturday Ainsley slept till 7:45am which meant George and I got to "sleep in" too. We were both so happy with this 45 extra minutes of sleep when most of the rest of the world would consider this early for a weekend.
Any night we eat dinner past 5:45pm it is considered late. Early bird special, here we come!
Stepping over 1,000 toys, dolls, mini shoes, plastic animals, and fake food to go anywhere in our house is considered normal and on some days is sadly considered clean.
A waffle left on the counter (or ok... on the arm of Ainsley's mini chair) since the morning is still considered an edible appropriate afternoon snack.
Dora and other horribly annoying cartoons have come to mean at least 30 minutes of peace.
And the funniest thing about it is George and I cherish every minute and can't imagine or remember life any other way. Isn't it odd what kids do to people! Who knows what #2 is going to do!! :)
1 comment:
so true about the waffle!
Post a Comment