Wednesday, December 8, 2010

15/16 Month Snapshot


Ok, this is so late but I have been writing it in bits and pieces over the past few months and better get it out before I have to add 17 months to the list! So, here is a glimpse into Ainsley's world at 15-16ish months!


At her 15 month dr's appointment her stats were as shown below. Compared to her stats 3 months earlier, we were shocked to see that she grew 3 inches and only gained about a pound!! Thankfully since then she has gained a few more pounds and is finally over 21 pounds so that we can finally turn her carseat around!!
Height: 32.25 inches (95th percentile)
Weight: 19 pounds, 10.2 ounces (10th percentile)
Head Circumference: 17.5 inches (10-25%)


Molars... Ainsley now has four full teeth on top, three and a half teeth on bottom, and both her top and bottom one-year molars coming in. We definitely knew something was going on the few weeks before she turned 15 months because she ran a slight fever and developed a drool rash on her chin. But after about a week of Tylenol, cries, and extra snuggles she was back to normal... and then a week or so later we saw those pearly white molars starting to poke through.


Naps... Around 16 months Ainsley officially dropped her morning nap and so is now just taking one long nap in the afternoon. We have been shortening her morning nap to just an hour for a month or so now in order to ensure she took an afternoon nap, so we knew this transition was coming. I was initially hesitant about whether or not I'd like this change, but now I love having more time with her in the morning and more time to myself in the afternoon! Win-win!!


Chatty-chatty... Ainsley's vocabulary has really taken off in the past month. She now has several words under her belt and it is wonderful to be able to communicate with her better. I love her sweet little 'uh-oh' even though it usually means there is something I need to go clean up! She has also grasped the idea of signing and will sign "eat", "all-done", "more", "please", and "down". Her sign for please is a big smile with both hands pressed together on her chest and it melts my heart each time.


Shoe and feet obsession... Admittedly odd, Ainsley has an absolute obsession with other people's shoes and feet. When this obsession began, I thought it was probably a phase, but it has now gone on for several months!! Our feet are the first thing she wants to play with in the morning and the first thing she buries her face in when either one of us comes home. As odd as it is, she just loves them.


One of my favorite, favorite characterics of Ainsley right now is her sweet hand-holding. Several times throughout the day she will reach up to grab our hand before she walks into the next room or out the door. That little hand is just so sweet as she holds tightly on our fingers and I just cherish it... because I know someday she'll be too cool to hold mommy or daddy's hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow is she adorable or WHAT??? What a darling girl! I am so excited for your growing family! You are such a great mom and such a lovely foursome-to-be! Yay for the Peytons! xoxo and merry merry!
xo

A

Louanne said...

she is just so cute!