So, needless to say, over the holidays we had lots of holiday cheer to spread! George and I spent Christmas with my family in Missouri, where we told them the news via the matching shirts shown above. It took my brothers a while to catch on, but once they got it, they were all thrilled and extra sweet. Sadly, my sister-in-law couldn't be there, so the above picture is missing one very important Aunt Meaghan. Shown left to right is Uncle James (who recently moved to Dallas after accepting an animation internship), me, Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Matthew, Uncle Brian (who commented that he is too young at 16 to be an uncle), and Daddy George.
And here I am with my parents, who are so excited for their first grandchild.

The following week we traveled down to Texas to spread the news to George's family. This is the first grandchild for George's dad and step-mom too so naturally they were all smiles. But I think George's sister Leslie takes the cake for the most excited, since she's been waiting for this moment since we said 'I do'. :) Her three boys are certainly ready for a playmate. My brother-in-law, Ray Lee, is great at snapping pictures, so while we were in Canadian I abandoned my photography duty and sadly don't have any pictures of our time there. But we had a blast and I'll post pictures if I get them.
Then we headed down to Boerne, TX (30 min north of San Antonio) to see my best friends and college roommates Rachael and Kelly and their hubbies. Mackenzie, our other roomie, wasn't able to make it and was sadly missed. Here we are in front of Rachael and J's new home: Kelli and Garrett (who actually live in CA about an hour from us), Rachael and J, and me and George.

One of the extra fun things about our trip was the fact that all three of us girls are pregnant! Rachy is obviously the farthest along, due mid-March and Kelli is due in early June, just a month before me. Our joint pregnancies weren't planned that way, but it makes it extra special to be going through this exciting time with such close friends.

Lastly, here is George and I at a winery outside of Fredisburg watching the sunset. George assured me that the wine wasn't really all that good and that I wasn't missing anything... but that didn't stop him from getting a second glass.

2 comments:
I'll proudly admit to being the most excited. I can't wait for you guys to be parents!
Of course, that's because I know what AMAZING parents you'll be, but also because having kids is without a doubt one of the coolest experiences EVER.
Yes, it's also the hardest thing you'll ever do, but in the end, it's completely worth it. Even on the worst days, I wouldn't trade my three kiddos for the world.
Just wait and see...:)
YEA for baby Peyton! I am so excited for the two of you. And I know you didn't plan to all be pregnant together, but I was also wondering if you planned to all wear the stripes (I love it!).
I can't wait to see your first belly bump picture! I have to watch this from a distance, I am going to need some great pics. Are you thinking it's a boy or a girl?
Wow, so exciting. Yea for babies. Just wait until you feel the first little flutter ... amazing!
-Kat
Post a Comment