Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This and That...

So.... it has been a while, huh. Sorry about that. Being away from home and sharing great time with family has made it hard for us to keep any sort of normalcy in our life. We are now back in California after spending ~5 weeks in the Texas panhandle and ~1 week in Missouri with my family. Even though we are happy to be home and semi back into the routine of life, we always cherish the time we get to spend with our families and so naturally it was hard to say goodbye. But here are some highlight pictures from our trip...

Here are our so sweet two older nephews Ethan and Sam on the day that I promised them I'd take them to the pool. Inevitably the pool ended up being closed.... and after a few adorable "ppplllleeeeaaasseee..." I caved and agreed to take them to swim in the Canadian River instead. Thanks to these little munchkins my days were filled with tents made of sheets, cartoons, and imagination.




George got to see a few of his high school buddies and reminisce about their studly football days. Below is George, Jared, and Derek. I keep telling them that their stock has gone down, but they aren't convinced.


We also took full advantage of Canadian's golf course. George improved his game while I relaxed in the cart with a book and enjoyed the beautiful days.





While in Missouri we were joined by all three of my brothers and my sister-in-law which made for a loud gathering full of laughs and opinions. Aside from the issues debated and the increase in vocabulary not much has changed since we were all little, which in a lot of ways is really nice. Together we picked raspberries, ate sushi, polished off a few bottles of wine, played rummy, and made the rounds to visit most of our Missouri relatives. Proof of all events was captured on my mom's camera so I'll post pictures when I get them. :)

Again, it was so wonderful to have the opportunity to have an extended visit with family, but at the same time it is nice to be back as well.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

We had a great time, too. I still need to post pictures from the night we spent hanging out at our house.
Thanks for all the movies, visits and nephew-watching. We miss you guys!