
Happy 4th of July! George and I spent our Friday off in the city with friends. I was so excited all last week to see fireworks launched from barges in the bay with a backdrop of the Golden Gate Bridge. I mean, what could be a more iconic way to celebrate the 4th in San Francisco... right? Wrong. My hopes were quickly dashed when we woke up Friday morning to hazy, drippy, cold weather that lasted the entire day. So instead we spent the day with good friends and had great food at a BBQ that night and just opted out of the crowds of people watching the haze turn red and blue. Plus all you sundress wearers in Texas and Missouri - I can now say that I've spent a 4th of July wearing a wool sweater and jacket! :)
Then, as life would have it, the next day was beautiful!!! We all went to the farmer's market in the Ferry Building on the pier for lunch and veggie shopping. Here are the girls left to right, Alisa, Katherine, Christa, me, Cory, and Ginny. Not a cloud in the sky and here I am with no eye wear!!

And here are the boys... George, Coley, P.J., and Mike.

Then they finished off lunch at the farmer's market with a little wine. It is hard to try and act tough with stemware, but they tried... Coley, Eric, P.J., George.

The girls opted for frozen yogurt and beach walking instead... Cory, Ginny, Alisa, Christa, Katherine, me.

BONUS!! While we were in the city, we happened to walk by the building that George works at and I just couldn't help myself. His building is the tall shiny one and although it kind of looks like he is posing, he is really making fun of me for taking this picture. But it worked out in my favor and I know the Moms and siblings will enjoy it.
3 comments:
So fun! Sounds like you made the best of a dreary day! Can't wait to see you this fall!
joanna, deep down i think we all know that george really wanted that picture taken!
you guys make san francisco look like so much fun!
Glad you guys still had a good Fourth. And good job getting a shot of George's workplace, Johanna -- you were right, we liked checking it out.
Can't wait to see you next month!
Post a Comment