Another surprise I got this week was COLDPLAY TICKETS!!!! George introduced me to the wonderful band that is Coldplay when we first started dating and I have been hooked ever since. So many of their first songs remind me of the our first classic dating moments... first date, first kiss, and the uncertainty of it all... could he really like me?! Then their later album reminds me of all the giddy moments of our engagement and early months of marriage. And then their newest album came out earlier this year and it just might be better than the other three! I literally love every single song and their music makes even my long running days (I'm training for a half-marathon) seem to go by in a breeze!
Anyway, when we found out they were coming to San Jose I was so excited, but once we checked out ticket prices... we were a little less so. We mutually deemed them too pricey and were disappointed... but then earlier this week I got the greatest surprise!! Apparently George did some wheeling and dealing and got us great tickets for a better price. When he told me I was screaming and jumping all over the place so much so that an outsider would have probably thought I won the lottery.
I was so excited on the way to the concert that I took pictures of our tickets everywhere... lame, but what can you say, it's Coldplay! So, here are our tickets next to our XM radio that just happens to be in the middle of 30 days of solid Coldplay - the perfect way to pump us up for the concert, as if I needed it!
And here are the tickets with us in front of the HP Pavilion in San Jose before the concert. Notice the lack the of cars in the parking lot - in my excitement I made us get there ridiculously early so as not to miss any of the just average opening bands.
Then the concert started and I was ecstatic! They were amazing! Chris Martin, the lead singer, danced all over the stage and looked like he was having a blast! At one point he flubbed up the ending of "42," one of their new songs, and he spontaneously recovered with, "We all make mistakes, but it's ok because they're forgiving in San Jose." I was snapping pictures like a mad women in any attempt to capture the moment, but given the conditions most of them didn't really turn out. But here's a decent shot of Chris Martin singing and dancing around.
Here's the crowd while they were playing their iconic first big hit "Yellow." The whole place was appropriately covered in dramatic yellow lighting.
At one point, towards the end of the concert, they came down from the stage and sang a song up in the stands. Would have been incredible if we had been a few more sections to the right.... but since we weren't, this was our view.
A lot of their music also incorporates piano and here Chris Martin is playing for their closing song.
All good things must come to an end and after an all out finale, the concert was over. It was an incredible show of great music and special effects and was definitely worth it! Plus, George and I were really impressed how clean and humble they were for an alternative band - even though they are super famous, they still just seem like good 'ol boys who love to make music... and I hope they continue to do so for a long time!
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great week!! Bonus "good husband" points for George!
You guys are too cute.
Oh my gosh!! I would love some surprise Coldplay tickets! They are awesome, but I haven't gotten the new album yet. My newest albums have been of children's music. Hee hee.
I am glad you guys had such a good time.
Post a Comment