Tuesday, February 12, 2008

White Party

On Saturday, George and I went to the White Party, which was an auction fundraiser for the MBA Challenge for Charity (C4C), a non-profit organization that pulls the talent and resources of MBAs from eight West Coast business schools to support Special Olympics and family-related local charities, and to develop business leaders with a lifelong commitment to community involvement and social responsibility. The auction included things such as dance lessons, authentic ethnic dinners, yachting on the Bay, and big ticket items like lunch with Phil Knight (CEO of Nike)..... and it, as the name suggests, came with the added bonus that you had to wear white!

See mine and George's attire above. Yes, I am wearing white house slippers and yes, he is wearing a white sheet with some safety pins, but trust me, we had company! See the girls below at the pre-party...


Back row: Michelle, Katherine, Alisa, Moey, Ginny, Caitlin Front row: me, Ellie

And the boys... (notice the two mummies and the tennis shorts in the front row!)

Back row: P.J., Jeremy, George, Coley. Front row: Grant, Peter, Mike D., Mike H., Eric

All-in-all the event ended up raising $84,000 for local organizations, so needless to say, George and I enjoyed our evening, but were very quickly outbid! :)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Look at you posting like a champ, Johanna. Way to go!
Thanks for keeping us all updated!

thetriggers said...

so wonderful to catch up. sounds like all is great with the peytons. hope to see you soon. love and miss you.
chris, emily & john reid (baby cant wait to meet you!)

The End of All Sorrows said...

You ALWAYS look good, Johanna. Thank you for your prayers and encouraging card. I am doing much better than I was a week ago. Love from Cowtown.