To celebrate President's Day, or rather the day we got off for President's Day, George and I took a day trip to Sausalito, CA which is in the northern part of the San Francisco Bay Area. We had heard wonderful things about this area and ended up having an amazing day! The weather was beautiful and the sun was shining - which has been rare around here lately - and the town just felt romantic.
George picked this little place on the water for lunch and above is the view from where we sat. If you look closely, in front of the ship, you can see the buildings of San Francisco. The first picture is us at lunch too. Ahhh....it was so peaceful and relaxing to have a great meal and watch the sailboats go by. Plus, one of the restaurant's specialities is their Bloody Mary's, so in honor of our Dad's, George and I both had one! Cheers to you Dad and Bailey!
Since the area is ideal for sailing, there was a great harbor full of beautiful boats. It was the perfect place to walk around and dream. We tried, but couldn't come up with any good boat names besides Cinco, ie. George Bailey Peyton V, so I guess we'll have to hold off on getting a boat for a while! (haha!)
On the way home, we tried desperately to get that perfect iconic San Francisco shot of us in front of the Golden Gate bridge. I say desperately because it is a lot harder than one would think. The bridge columns either look like they are coming out of your head or you can't tell that there is a bridge behind you at all. So, below is the best we got...random people, metal fence, and everything!
I'll leave you all with that and lots of love from the West coast! Take care!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a great time! I was there last June with a friend and we stayed at the Inn Above Tide and ate at many places around there. Sausalito is a great little town.
Post a Comment