About a month ago George and I took the big kids on an afternoon date to go see Thomas the train! It was such a neat event with a real talking Thomas pulling the train. The kids were so enamored! We chose not to wait in the obscenely long line to get our picture taken with Thomas but I did get this one as he was pulling into the station, I so was pretty happy.
There were lots of train related activities and carnival-type food to enjoy while we waited for our ticket time to ride on Thomas. The kids each got to choose one special train as a souvenior. Ainsley chose the Rosie train and Bailey chose a tow-truck named Butch from Sodor's Heavy Recovery Unit. :)
The train ride itself was about 30 min in a vintage type passenger train. It was awesome! The conductor came around and stamped our tickets and the kids were in heaven.
I love getting to do things like this that feed their imagination. For weeks afterwards they had a revitalized interest in our train track sets and their imaginative train play got so much more elaborate. Plus we got to leave Caroline at home so Ainsley and Bailey had mine and George's undivided attention which doesn't happen as much as we would like. It was just a really special afternoon.
Bailey on the way home.... he wanted to be sure his baby doll was safely strapped into this car seat as well. Sweet boy.















No comments:
Post a Comment