This past Thursday, I officially made it to 36 weeks. Aside from heartburn and normal back aches at the end of the day, I'm thankful that I have been relatively comfortable most of this pregnancy. It feels like such a blessing especially considering how difficult Bailey's pregnancy and the past 2 years have been. That said, I am feeling big and tired and in the past week, my back pain has increased and lasts most of the day. It is mostly manageable with stretching and resting and I'm trying my hardest to slow down and accept more help. Even on the hard days when a month still feels like such a long time to be pregnant, I'm thankful that I've made it this far feeling so good.
Of course, I'm also incredibly thankful that everything baby-related looks good. As far as we know, we have a healthy little nugget just growing and kicking away. My official due date is Dec 12th but by some calculations it is the 4th (which is oddly enough is when Ainsley's and Bailey's due dates were) and although they say my belly measures on the smallish side, they have also told me that the baby is measuring 5 days to a week big (which is opposite of both Ainsley and Bailey who measured about a week small).... so, all that to say, I am hoping that this little gal decides to come closer to her actual due date, rather than Christmas. :)
Both Ainsley and Bailey continue to be excited about the baby. Ainsley is sweet when I need to sit down or rest and often comes over to rub my back or belly. We talk a lot about how the baby makes me more tired and hungry because she is growing so big. Ainsley tells me that she never wants to have a baby in her belly making her tired! Ha! And out of the blue the other day, she said that I looked like a snowman. She's not far from the truth and it cracked me up! As wild as Bailey is, he can be so tender-hearted when it comes to his baby dolls and other baby's we see. I continue to be surprised and pleased by his interest in other babies and even though he can't verbally express much excitement, I'm hoping that this is his way of showing us that he's on board as well. And with the addition of more and more baby stuff into the house, Bailey has started asking "where baby go?" He kind of acts sad when he asks, like the baby came and is gone now and he missed it. When I point to my tummy, he says "yay, baby" and sometimes gives my belly a little rub. It is very endearing.
As challenging as it is some days with the stress of trying to get everything down both for the baby and for the upcoming holidays while being so tired, I am trying to enjoy these last few weeks being pregnant. I don't know if I will have this experience again and I'm trying to be mindful, appreciative, and prayerful of each little (and powerful) kick and squirm of this new life. I'm so excited to meet this baby girl and feel so blessed that the Lord has allowed her into our life.

No comments:
Post a Comment