Saturday, July 13, 2013
It's a...
... BOY!!! We are having another boy in December!! We have known this news for quite a while due to some early genetic testing. Around 12 weeks we got an abnormal genetic test which gave me a much elevated risk of having a baby with some significant genetic issues. We were admittedly startled and saddened by this news and decided to get some further testing that would confirm or deny the diagnosis. In that round of testing, we were very thankful that everything came back negative and that up to this point our baby was healthy. Actually, just saying we were thankful is such an understatement! I tried my hardest not to get worried about the test until we knew the full results but it was difficult having in the back of my mind that I might carry this baby to term only to lose it within a few months after birth. Plus, the second round of testing took over two full weeks before we got the results back. So when it was confirmed good news, we were elated! And so humbled that God has blessed us with three healthy children. Still blows my mind. Anyway, another bonus of that second test was that it was able to tell us gender as well. So a little boy it is!
We waited a few weeks longer before telling the kids and then let them open a big box that had blue balloons inside to break the news. They were both excited! I was a little nervous about Ainsley's response to another little brother especially since she has been requesting a sister since we told her we were pregnant. I had been prepping her in the weeks leading up to the big reveal that if we had a little boy that would make her the only special daughter/sister, just like I was in my family when I was little. She usually bought this about half the time, but when she saw the blue balloons, she was thankfully genuinely excited. And she has remained excited about getting to be the only special girl. Warms my heart. I'm still not sure how much Bailey really understands but I'm excited for him to have a little buddy and partner in crime. I just hope I'm ready for how much more wild my house is about to become!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY! Congrats to the whole Peyton gang!
YAY! Congrats to the entire Peyton gang!
Post a Comment