Wednesday, February 27, 2013

7 years!


Happy belated 7th anniversary to us!  On the 16th of December 2012, George and I had the joy of being married for seven years.  Back in December, we had plans to spend the weekend away at a local spa but Bailey got sick with RSV and croup so we had to cancel.  Thankfully we were able to reschedule for late January and we had such a good time!  The spa was beautiful and we both had great treatments (I had a scalp treatment, which is why my hair looks so greasy in the pic above), relaxed by the pool, hiked on trails around the property, ate amazing food, and slept in late!  I know it is just the nature of the phase of life we are in, but George and I get such little time just him and I during the day, that it is so sweet to realize/remember how much fun we have together.  It was so nice to just be able to relax and enjoy each other's company.  And it is also SO nice to know that our kids were super happy and content without us - thank you Lucy!! 

On an honest note, the second half of the trip was a little dampened by the fact that I had an allergic reaction to trees at the spa and my eyes got half swollen shut and I had to wear my glasses (that Bailey broke the week before, so they were crooked).  I was kind of a sneezey, snotty, blind mess - really romantic, I know.  And because we only had one night away and and sleep was our top priority and I was an allergic mess, we slept in different beds.  Ahhhh, the joys of being married with young kids.  :)  Love you George!!  xoxox




No comments: