Bailey is our sweet lil fuzzy-headed squirmer! He is constantly on his belly (had trouble keeping him on his back long enough to take the above pic) and is just our lil ball of energy. He gives the most lovable gummy smiles and is always playfully sticking out the tip of his tongue. He watches Ainsley in opened-mouth awe, playing peek-a-boo makes him giggle, and he chews on everything he can get his hands on, including his hands. :)
We saw two big exciting changes in Bailey this month. First, his night time sleep has finally improved!! Now he typically goes down at 6:30 pm (with a 10:30 pm dreamfeed) and wakes between 5 and 6 am to eat and sometimes goes back to sleep. Yay!!! Ironically, he started sleeping longer stretches right after we got rid of his swaddle. I was so nervous about getting rid of it and prepared for the worst but he just drifted right off to sleep like normal. He can get his paci in his mouth about 80% of the time so I think having his arms free just made sense.

The second big change is that as of last week, Bailey started very easily getting on all-fours and rocking. He has been able to scoot around in a circle and do a version of army crawl/scoot to get what he wants for weeks now but this new stance is terrifying for me! I don't really remember Ainsley doing this since she had a unique crawl and she certainly didn't do anything that even resembled a crawl this early. I just don't know if I can handle two mobile children already!! I'm proud of him... just not ready for him to be growing up so quickly!!
We had an impromptu dr visit after a few random fussy days (he was fine) and she informed us that he had gained a pound in what had only been a few weeks at the time. This is good news since I have been working on getting him to eat more at each nursing (which is a challenge since he is constantly wiggling, bouncing, and rolling over in my lap). All that to say, we did get the go-ahead to start solids and even though I thought I would wait at least till 6 months... I might go ahead and start sooner than later. He is just so so active and lean and I want to be sure that he is getting enough calories. Of course I'll keep you updated when I do. :)
This month Bailey rode on a plane for the first time to both Missouri and Florida, met most of my family, played in the ocean, and felt 105 degree weather. And he honestly did it all while maintaining his sweet laid-back, disposition. We love this lil man so much!!
1 comment:
He does look about ready to crawl!!
Post a Comment