Friday, June 19, 2009

38 Weeks



As of tomorrow, I will be 38 weeks pregnant.... so we are 2 weeks away from our due date of July 4th! George and I have gotten into the habit of saying that we're 2 to 4 weeks away, since we're pretty sure I'll be 2 weeks late. The reason being that my mom was 2 or more weeks late with all of 4 of us, so my chances of going into labor on time are probably pretty slim.... still, now that graduation is over, we aren't wasting any time getting everything set up and ready.

We have been so blessed and things are continuing to go wonderfully. Our little girl is healthy and looking good. Last week she measured at 6 lbs and should be gaining about 4 oz a week. Things are cramped in there for her and I notice each one of her little movements. I, on the other hand, am feeling pretty large - in fact, I had to crawl into the drivers seat from the passenger seat of our car this morning because someone parked too close for me to fit in on the drivers side! - but thankfully I'm also still feeling great and have continued to be active.

The picture above is actually of me last week, at 37 weeks pregnant, however not much has changed since then so I still feel like it serves as a good representative of my belly. Last week we also got some professional maternity shots taken that turned out really well. I'll post them as soon as I can manipulate the files to make them small enough to add. So until then, this will have to do. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Elliott said...

You are glowing and look beautiful! George, congratulations! What an exciting time!

Tim Bates said...

Congrats on the graduation, George. We are so excited for your family and can't wait for the little one to get here. Thanks for the blog updates as it helps us with what's going on!!
The Bates

Marissa said...

I love your dress! I am 24 weeks pregnant and starting to look for cooler outfits. Any suggestions on where to shop?

Louanne said...

You are so cute!!! I am so excited for you.