Thursday, December 11, 2008

Delinquent Blog Behavior

Hi... so it has been a while, hasn't it. I apologize for my delinquent blog behavior, but here is an update of what we have been doing for the last month or so...

This year we spent "turkey" day with great friends out here in California. George had the week off from school and since we weren't hurrying off to another state we had a nice relaxing break. Also, I commemorated my first official vegetarian Thanksgiving by making a Tofukery (a tofu turkey) and veggie gravy. There was of course also the most beautiful turkey you have ever seen, thanks to our good friends the Henderson's. Begrudgingly George sampled both and I'll let you guess which one he favored. And thankfully for him, the Henderson's took pity on him and sent him home with lots of turkey leftovers.

One highlight from this past month was co-hosting a baby shower for my dear friend Ellie who is preggers with a baby girl due at the end of December. It was an arts and craft shower with activities including ironing adorable designs on onesies, writing funny messages on diapers, and creating a memory scrap book for Ellie. It was such a sweet event and so special to get to shower the mommy-to-be. Here's a pic of the amazing group of hostesses with the guest of honor in the middle. (left to right: Carrie, Angie, Annika, Ellie, Ginny, me, and Michelle)


Another highlight was that last weekend George's Stanford GSB intramural flag football team won the championship for their division. Needless to say, the boys were very pleased with their victory and as a proud, yet freezing fan, I was pretty happy that the championship game meant the season was over. :) There's the Championship Team picture below. George is on the far left in the back row.


And here I am with two of the other proud, freezing (hence the steaming Starbucks beverages) fans. Moey, who is 8 months pregnant and Caitlin, both of which a much more devoted fans than I.


George also finished school for the quarter and next week we are off to the Bahamas and Missouri and Texas for the holidays. Should be fun!!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

All I have to say is ... FINALLY! I was about to think you all had fallen off the planet :)

Rachael said...

All I have to say is ... FINALLY! I was about to think you all had fallen off the planet :)

Leslie said...

The Bahamas!? What!? More info, please!